Happy Friday, y’all!
What a short week it has been! Monday was a great day for us to enjoy time with our families and friends and take time to reflect.
Many of us at BNG Team are in deep self-reflection mode as we navigate our way through our current book club book, Everything Is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo. We had our first meeting about the book today and the consensus is we frickin’ LOVE this book! Here’s a little recap of some of the highlights we chatted about:
- Everything is figureoutable (this one is a little obvious, we know).
- We must have courage to change ourselves.
- Stop thinking “I know this already” and “This won’t work for me.” Hello – total jerk thoughts! Instead, think “What can I learn from this?” and “How can this work for me?” Doesn’t that seem better? Ummm…yeah!
- Our beliefs shape our thoughts which shape our feelings which shape our behaviors which shape our results. Whew! That was a lot.
- Our brains tend to reinforce what we already believe. Ouch.
- Stop saying you can’t do something. If you aren’t doing it, it’s because you don’t, or you won’t. Double ouch.
- You are 100% responsible for your life so stop using these little things called excuses. They aren’t our friends!
This book is a real-life wake-up call to the stories we’re telling ourselves about the things we can’t do. We’re absolutely lovin’ it and can’t wait to keep diving further and further into the self-learning abyss. If you’re not interested in reading, here’s some other resources around Everything is Figureoutable:
Until next week, friends (which is gonna be JUNE! Crazy!)!